Thank you for your interest in the Smart Energy Program, a service offered by Simple.
Simple’s Smart Energy Program allows you to participate in Southern California Edison Company’s (SCE’s) demand response program for residential customers– called “Smart Energy Program” – using your Simple Thermostat.
Under this Service, Simple servers will remotely inform your Simple thermostat of the existence of an energy event, causing the thermostat to change the temperature setpoint for the air conditioner in your home on that day. At any time that you desire, you may override this temperature setpoint simply by turning your Simple Thermostat to a different temperature or using your mobile/ Web client. Your agreement below gives Simple permission to collect your information for program participation purposes, for SCE to enroll you in the Smart Energy Program and for Simple to enable your participation during energy events.
The Smart Energy Program is available to SCE residential customers who meet certain eligibility requirements. In order to participate, you must be an SCE residential Bundled service account holder (where SCE provides both electricity and distribution services) with an installed, operable and communicating Simple thermostat controlling an air conditioner at the SCE service address.
Eligibility criteria for inclusion in the Service includes that the customer:
· Has an eligible Edison SmartConnect® meter;
· Has SCE provide both energy and distribution services (bundled);
· Is receiving service under rate schedule D, D-CARE, D-FERA, TOU-D or TOU-D-T
· Is not currently enrolled in any of the following programs, rate schedules, rate options or services:
o Demand Response programs or rates offered by Non-Utility Demand Response Service Providers
o All types of Medical Baseline Allocations
o Critical Peak Pricing (CPP)
o Domestic Multiple (DM)
o Domestic Multiple 1 (DMS-1)
o Domestic Multiple 2 (DMS-2)
o Domestic Multiple 3 (DMS-3)
o Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) Service
o Direct Access (DA) Service
o Summer Discount Plan
· Agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Customers enrolled in SCE’s Smart Energy Program are eligible for bill credits for their participation in the program. The credits are made up of a capacity and energy payment. Customers enrolled during the summer months will earn a daily capacity payment of $0.3275 from June 1 through September 30 of each year. If a customer enrolls in the Program after June 1 or disenrolls prior to September 30, the payment will be prorated, based on the summer season days on which the customer was actively enrolled in the Program. Additionally, customers who reduced their usage during one or more energy event during the calendar year will earn an energy payment of $0.07 per each kilowatt hour reduced. For more information on SCE’s Smart Energy Program, please visit www.sce.com.
Smart Energy Program Sign-Up Bonus
SCE offers a one-time sign-up bonus of $75 to customers who enroll in the Smart Energy Program through one of SCE’s authorized smart thermostat service providers. The sign-up bonus is provided to customers, in the form of a bill credit, following successful enrollment. To qualify for the $75 sign-up bonus, the following conditions apply:
· The sign-up bonus is for new customer enrollments and is only available until funding is exhausted.
· Customers previously enrolled in the Smart Energy Program for the same service account will be ineligible for the sign-up bonus.
· If your service account closes or you disenroll from the Smart Energy Program before SCE can process any portion of the sign up bonus, your sign up bonus will be cancelled.
· Sign-up bonuses are limited to one per service account and will not exceed $75. Enrolling multiple smart thermostats under the same account will not increase your sign-up bonus amount.
· Customers who have more than one service account (e.g., a second home) and enroll in the program may be eligible for more than one sign-up bonus.
· SCE will not pay a sign-up bonus for a thermostat with the same serial number that has already received a bonus or payment, including payment to a previous owner of the thermostat.
· Customers who received their thermostat at no cost for participating in another SCE program (e.g., the residential direct install program) are not eligible for the $75 sign-up bonus.
· Bill credits can be processed within one to two billing cycles.
$75 Energy Efficiency Smart Thermostat Rebate
SCE has partnered with Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) to offer a temporary one-time energy efficiency rebate of up to $75 for customers who purchase a smart thermostat from the Qualified Product List. The $75 energy efficiency rebate is a joint rebate co-funded by SCE and SoCalGas, and wholly funded by SCE for customers who are not serviced by SoCalGas or do not have a natural gas furnace. The following conditions apply:
· Customers who already received any portion of an energy efficiency rebate for their smart thermostat by either SCE or SoCalGas will not be eligible for the $75 rebate. This includes, but is not limited to, the $50 portion of the sign-up rebate that SCE or SoCalGas provided to customers who enrolled in SCE’s Smart Energy Program between July 6, 2016 and May 21, 2018.
· Limit one rebate per household.
· The smart thermostat must meet the specifications listed on the application form.
· Customers will need to supply a proof of purchase for the qualifying thermostat.
o Customers who purchased their thermostat prior January 1, 2018 will not be eligible for the rebate.
o Customers who purchased a qualifying thermostat between January 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018 will only be eligible for up to $50.
o Customers who purchased a qualifying thermostat on or after April 1, 2018 will be eligible for up to $75.
· Rebate amount cannot exceed the actual cost of the thermostat.
· Rebates are provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until the program funds are no longer available. An on-site verification for the products purchased and installed may be required before the rebate is paid.
· If all rebate requirements are met, SCE will issue a bill credit on your SCE bill within one to two billing cycles. If you applied through SoCalGas, SoCalGas will mail a rebate check within 6-8 weeks. Rebates may be postponed if your application is selected for verification, which may take additional time. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
Customers serviced by both SCE and SoCalGas and have a natural gas furnace may apply for the $75 Energy Efficiency Smart Thermostat Rebate through SoCalGas directly at: socalgas.com/smarttstat
All other SCE customers must apply through the SCE marketplace at: marketplace.sce.com/thermostats
By submitting this Agreement, you agree and certify that –
The information you have provided as part of this Agreement is truthful and you believe you meet the minimum eligibility criteria above. Simple may terminate your Agreement and not enroll you in the Smart Energy Program if you are not truthful in the information you submit as part of this Agreement, if you do not satisfy eligibility requirements, or for any other reason. You are using Simple Smart Energy Program Service on a voluntary basis.
During your participation in the Smart Energy Program, Simple servers may remotely inform your Simple thermostat to implement a reduction in your air conditioner energy use when energy events are declared. This will cause a change in the temperature setpoint for the air conditioner in your home. This adjustment will occur without any manual intervention by you. Energy events will be declared by SCE 20 minutes prior to the start of an event; you may monitor SCE’s declaration of energy events for the Smart Energy Program at https://www.sce.openadr.com/dr.website/scepr-event-status-resi.jsf.
Smart Energy Program bill credits are provided solely by SCE; Simple bears no responsibility for the credits. You acknowledge that Simple is facilitating your ability to earn these credits, but Simple is not providing you any compensation or other financial benefit, and your permissions to Simple are not contingent on receipt or amount of the bill credit. Simple makes no promise of any specific bill credit amount – your actual bill credits will depend on the number of energy events called, your energy usage during energy events, and your enrollment in the Smart Energy Program.
This Agreement is effective upon your submitting this Agreement and will continue until you or Simple terminates this Agreement or otherwise cancels your participation.
Authorization to Receive Customer Information
By submitting this Agreement, you also give Simple and SCE the following permissions –
I authorize Simple to act as my agent in connection with my participation in the Simple Smart Energy Program Service. SCE will provide eligibility information back to Simple for my SCE service account, which may include information regarding my participation on other rates, programs or services, like Summer Discount Plan, Medical Baseline or other eligibility related information.
Authorization is given for the period commencing with the date of execution until I cancel this authorization.
SCE will provide the eligibility information requested above to Simple, to the extent available, at no charge to me.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that I am the customer of record for the service account provided.
I certify that Simple has authority to act on my behalf and request the release of information for the account listed above and perform the specific acts and functions listed above.
I understand that SCE reserves the right, but has no obligation, to verify any authorization request submitted before releasing information or taking any action on my behalf.
I authorize SCE to release the confirmation of eligibility on my account to Simple who is acting on my behalf regarding the matters listed above. I hereby release, hold harmless, and indemnify SCE from any liability, claims, demands, cause of action, damages, or expenses resulting from: 1) any release of information to Simple pursuant to this Authorization; 2) the unauthorized use of this information by Simple and 3) from any actions taken by Simple pursuant to this authorization.
I understand that I may cancel this authorization at any time by contacting SCE at (800) 655-4555.
 See SCE’s Schedule SEP – Smart Energy Program, available at https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/regulatory/tariff-books/rates-pricing-choices/residential-rates/